Wednesday, May 27, 2009
Top 10 places to eat in Houston
The Houston area has a vibrant selection of restaurants to choose from. Given the large selection, it's a real test to come up with a short list of overall favorite Houston places to eat, ranging from fancy to very casual:
1. Pappas Bros. Steakhouse, 5839 Westheimer, Houston - menu
- Juicy Texas steaks and seafood.
2 . Cullen's, 11500 Space Center Blvd., Houston - menu - An upscale American grille. Read our recent blog post on Cullen's.
3. Potatoe Patch, 2020 FM 1960 East, Houston - menu - Home of the throw'd roll. Keep your head up or you may miss a hot roll coming your way.
5. Droubi's, 7333 Hillcroft Street, Houston - menu
- Great Meditterranean deli and bakery, with interesting grocery items.
Enjoyed the chicken shawarma.
6. The Bistro, Housed in the Lancaster Hotel featured here at Southpoint, dining selections with a Gulf Coast flair.
7. Goode Co. Barbeque, four locations - menu
- Great Texas BQ, with famous pecan pie.
8. Quattro, 1300 Lamar Street, Houston - menu - Housed in the Four Seasons Hotel, with contemporary Italian dishes.
9. Pesce, 3029 Kirby Drive, Houston - menu - Great seafood selections from the creators of Carrabba's (now part of Outback).
10. Central Texas Style BBQ, 4110 West Broadway, Pearland - menu - 10 mouthwatering BBQ meat selections.
The BANK is now Voice Restaurant and Lounge housed in the Hotel ICON featured here at Southpoint.
Brennan's, 3300 Smith Street, Houston - closed and undergoing
reconstruction after fire damage from Hurricane Ike. The
manager and his daughter were injured in the fire. Here's how to help.
A rich flavor of New Orleans with live jazz, glad to hear it will reopen fall 2009.
Have a Houston best restaurant recommendation? Add a comment here to let others know about.
Admission To Six Great Houston Attractions for Almost Half Off!
Includes NASA, Downtown Aquarium, Houston Museum of Natural Science, Houston Zoo