Tuesday, July 24, 2007
Fort Worth honors the cowboy this weekend
Fort Worth has a fun celebration this weekend to honor their heritage
with the NATIONAL DAY OF THE AMERICAN COWBOY.
We will be making a special trip there to join in the celebrations, and be updating our feature on the famous Billy Bob's of Texas, while watching some of the best bull riders, and hear the rascally Texas twang of Kevin Fowler.
Fun events will take place around the Fort Worth Stockyards this
Saturday, July 28th, from 11 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Some of the activities
* Fort Worth Herd Branding Activity
* Fort Worth Herd CowKid Roundup
* Cowboy Celebration Parade following the Fort Worth Herd
* Best Mustache Contest
* Legends of Texas Gunfight Shows
* Watermelon Eating and Seed Spitting Contest
* Most Worn-out Boot Contest
A cattle drive is held daily at 11:30 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. (look for Snort and Walter, I've heard they're the ornery ones..).